valerieliying.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My not-so-awesome holidays

Eh when was the last time holidays was an enjoyable one ah???


You see, as we all get older, the things we prioritize during the holidays just get more and more different each time. So just in case you are wondering why am I blogging in American spelling instead of British it's because the sight of the red squirly underline on the screen just seems to annoy me. It gets more annoying when there isn't any recommended spelling correction to it.

Oh right, I could just change the language setting to British English right -____-

So back to the topic.. So take a moment or two to recall what school holidays meant to you while you were much younger..


During Primary School days :
  • Sleep @ 10pm latest
  • Eat
  • Homework
During Secondary School days :
  • Window Shopping
  • Sleep
  • NPCC
  • Spending time with my Boyfriend ( if there is any )
  • Eat
  • Sleep @ 1am latest
NOW POLY DAYS :
  • WORK ( everyone's main priority )
  • Shoping
  • Sleep
  • Clubbing
  • Hanging out with friends
What I am trying to illustrate is that, as we get older, our lives just get more complicated. We have more to juggle with just 2 hands. Whenever we make a decision, we often end up thinking 10 steps in advance. For instance if you want to hang out with your friend at Sakae Sushi because you love to eat sushi

You will first think of..
  1. When the hell are you free
  2. When the hell is your friend free
  3. Do you have money for sushi
  4. Which place you have sushi at
  5. What time can you meet your friend
  6. What time is your friend available
  7. What are you going to wear
  8. What shoes to match
  9. What makeup to wear
  10. By bus or train
But in the past, when you're so much younger, holidays are nothing but, SLEEP EAT SLEEP EAT. Thats maybe why I used to put on so much weight during the school holidays when I was younger.

I miss my girlfriends. I miss hanging out with them. I hardly see them anymore because they are all busy working. I can't seem to contact them. Their phones are either uncontactable or they are working and only respond late at night. I see my girlfriends LESSER during holidays as compared to schooling days. And I think there was MUCH MORE bonding with them during school days then now :(

But now school is starting soon so FRET NOT MY FRIENDS, we will meet up soon !!

Yada Yada Yada.. So I am going to tell you what I've been up to this holidays!

First on the list, working. 
As you all know I'm a part time tutor. So my job is nothing but teach. It gets boring at times but yeah the pay is good. So in order to enjoy my holidays, I need money. Thanks to my students for giving me such an enjoyable time teaching. Really enjoy teaching them even though sometimes I really want to throw my shoe at their faces when they don't get a certain concept. 

Second on the list, shopping ( most of the time alone )
I found a new hobby. And that is shopping alone. I love shopping alone. I find it much more faster and comfortable as compared to shopping with a big group of people. The reason being, I am quite fickle minded so I would rather walk around the whole shopping area twice or thrice just to make sure I am buying what I want and not regretting any of my buys!

Third , clubbing.

               

My clubbing experience this holidays is a pretty... interesting one. I met new friends.. and old ones too. I've no idea what is going to happen in the future but chancing upon someone who meant so much in the past was pretty.. weird. Hahah I'll show you later.

Fourth , CCA
I am beginning to dread my CCA. I just find it super pointless when I always end up wasting my precious time  doing something and in the end it wasn't needed. I mean like come on, those 3 hours a session that I come for everytime is my valuable time. I can do like MY MAKEUP in that 3 hours. This coming concert, DREAMS, I don't even feel like participating in it anymore. Whenever I say something, no one listens. I feel like I'm invisible. Or maybe its just time to be a follower instead of trying to be a leader. My life would be much more easier that way :)

Fifth, Meeting up my girlfriends
Trying to meet whoever that is free before I get busy again ~

Sixth, Got my passport
So yeah, my passport expired and I went to make a new one. I'm heading to Bangkok this Thursday. 


Yes !世界上没有丑女人只有懒女人


Seventh, 6 months ago...
We were sitting at the bridge.. talking about our horrible pasts. I fell for you.. I know you did too


I cried, I panicked, I worried, I feared, I was torn, shattered, hurt and lost ... And then.. I lost you. But did you ever know that I always knew that you'll come back someday.. Just not now. Its really funny but there was this very deep connection I have with you ever since I've met you on the very first day.

And 6 months later...

Us, taking picture once again, under the same night sky. At the very same place . 

Like I've said, we might not be together now or in the future but you'll always mean so much to me. So much till the extent that I feel at ease or peaceful when I know that you're happy and doing well in life :')


Ohmylord. Such a long and lengthy post. But there's so much more I want to rant about because its been way too long till I can't even remember! Okay I'll just keep it short for this post.